Hi again, everyone! How are you all today? Thankfully my cold is starting to subside, and I can breathe again (but now my stomach is acting up, grr). Thanks to everyone who wished me to get well soon. :) I really appreciate it.
Anyway, today I finally got my Dollface 28 Neutral Palette (and yes it is the same as the Coastal Scents 28 Neutral Palette) and my Dollface black gel eyeliner. I was so excited to get it, I actually sat by the window so I could look out and see if there was anyone at the gate...every noise made me look/peek! It's sad, I know, but I was really excited. Hehe. Couldn't help it! When the Air21 delivery guy finally arrived I was practically squealing with happiness.
Kudos to Pearl of Dollface Cosmetics for packing everything up so nicely! Look at all that bubblewrap~
Black gel eyeliner (a bit of a toughie to open but I love how well-protected it is)
The 28 palette. As you may notice there was some moisture around some of the e/s pots...but that was quickly wiped away. Another thing you may notice is the fact that the tray in which the pots are sitting in is not plastic, it is cardboard. I love that it's sort of a 'green' effort, but...I wonder if it'll keep like that?
Of course, I have swatches for you! Sorry my arms are a bit hairy. :( Swatches are by row. One swipe each.
Of course, here is my review!
- Very very good value for money!
- Good range of colors--highlight and contouring as well
- Good balance between matte and shimmer e/s
- Good color pigmentation for most e/s
- Glides on smoothly, very blendable
- Big e/s pots, as big as a five peso coin or a VOV single e/s pot
- Thin and sleek, easy to tote around if you're travelling somewhere
- The cute Dollface Cosmetics sticker at the front of the palette
I don't like:
- The packaging of the product--I'm still wondering why the inside isn't plastic. Maybe it is, just the thin sort of plastic? Oh well. ^_^
- No mirror in the case!
- Looks fragile
- Pigmentation of e/s was inconsistent--some very pigmented (i.e. dark & shimmery colors), some not so pigmented and hardly showed up (whites, etc)
All in all I think:
- This is a really good palette, and while I am disappointed in some aspects, I am happily soothed in other aspects. I'm glad I got it, and I can't wait to play with it!
Will I repurchase?
- Yes! If I ever need to again, haha. I don't think I'd be able to use all the e/s up though. XD
Again, thank you to Pearl of Dollface Cosmetics for a good experience in general. You can buy this palette and other Coastal Scents palettes from her at a significantly cheaper price at:
(She is based here in the Phils)
Moving on, the lovely Ms. Cheysser tagged me, so now I have to show you my meager but growing makeup collection! I have more things on the way (shipping takes a while) so I can't wait to add all that to my stuff. But still... I'm practically ashamed considering all the makeup you gals have. >.<
At least my makeup collection has moved from this:
Into... this! (thus displacing and making my sewing supplies homeless for now) [I used to keep my makeup in a traincase but I didn't want to wear it out! :(]
And the contents:
face stuff (concealers, foundations/powders, blushes, mu removers, wipes, primer, bronzer)
Lip stuff! One day I will have enough lip stuff to fill the entire drawer >:]
On top: repurposed utensil tray. I used it to store my brushes (center), sponges (top), mascara, eyeliner pencils (right) and single e/s + lancome quad +e/s base + gel eyeliner in the left side.
Under it is this: my 3 pairs of falsies, my 3 palettes (PAC, CS 88 matte, CS/DF 28 neutral, 2 quads)
And that concludes this post. :) Gia, I tag you for this one. :P Oh, and I tag anyone else who wants to do it! Show your makeup collection!
Anyway, I have to go to bed now. Have a nice day, ladies! Leave me some love. :P