Personally, it also helps that the design of the website appeals to my designer side. Haha.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Personally, it also helps that the design of the website appeals to my designer side. Haha.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
I have pictures of the process (ha! I didn't forget to take pics this time :D), so this could also serve as a tutorial.
After I curled her lashes and applied mascara, I put color 12 on her lower lashline, smudging some gel eyeliner on top. Then I put mascara on her lower lashes.
I don't remember what else I used on her face, but I used Shawill lipgloss for her lips (layered on top of Prestige lipstick in plum). I do know that the white cast in photos was caused by The Face Shop primer in green, but it went away after a while, thankfully!
At 1:30 PM, we went back to Rockwell (after we had lunch) to check out the bazaar. We were disappointed when we saw there was a P100 entrance fee because we didn't hear about it, but we paid and went in.
Here is the Charm brush I bought from Beauty and Minerals for 750PHP (bazaar price). I'm going to do a review on it soon.
Well, that's all for now! I'm gonna wash the hair mask out of my hair now and then try the Neem face pack. :D I'm definitely gonna review it, too. Have a good day, everyone!
Friday, October 16, 2009
FACE Celeteque Moisturizer, The Face Shop primer in green (used for red spots only), Ellana Minerals concealer in Smile, MAC Studio Fix in NC35, Mineraux foundation and Mineraux neutral mineral veil
If you desire, start by priming your eyelids to make your eyeshadow more vibrant, and to prevent it from creasing or fading. For this step, I used Art Deco eyeshadow base.
For the next step, take your favorite eyeshadow brush (I used elianto's angled eyeshadow brush) and get color 9, applying a wash all over the eyelids.
Then, using the same brush, pick up color 3 and place on outer corner, blending into yellow and bringing it inwards around the crease and socket.
Using the same brush, get color 7 and apply as a highlight on inner corners. If desired, get an eyeshadow brush and pick up some of color 4, layering over the purple in order to create a better gradient effect.
Tada! I hope you liked my tutorial! :D
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Sunday, October 11, 2009
So okay, I've been busy lately, but sembreak is fast approaching so when it gets there I hope to be blogging (almost) everyday. I'll do my best.
But anyway, here is a brand that I think deserves much attention.
I just started seeing this brand Shawill around lately, I think it's only been around for a year or so. I first caught sight of it at Watson's Gateway, and at first I ignored them because their offerings seemed a bit like a rip-off. They had cream eyeshadows (single) running for P128 each (roughly $2.70) that were a lot like G-Lish's, so I didn't bother to try them.
Eventually, I found Shawill at Landmark Trinoma, with a better display and new items. So I had to get some stuff.
At first I only bought a lipgloss (priced at P128) and a lip balm (P98).
But today, my parents and I were at the mall. While my mom was off looking around for home decor and my dad was looking for a new LCD TV/Monitor, I of course was at the cosmetics department.
Imagine my surprise when I saw new Shawill products! They had 12 eyeshadow palettes and new lipglosses so I had to stop by and just check everything out. Luckily the SA, Ate Paula, was very nice and accommodating.
And so without further ado, here are my purchases (including the lipgloss and lipbalm I got before):
My thoughts about the eyeshadow palette:
- The packaging is cute and seemingly sturdy
- There is a mirror in the palette albeit a bit small (although it's long so you can see both eyes and make sure your eyeshadow is even!)
- The price -- 148php for 12 eyeshadows? WOW! That's 12php for each one. In $, roughly...
a quarter each
- Pretty pigmented
- Different types of palettes to choose from (at the Shawill display there were neutrals and colorful palettes. There are also 6 e/s palettes)
- Very shimmery
- Very blendable
- Good that there is a black and a white and many matchable shades
- Expiry date on the bottom of the palette (although..I'm not sure if I believe it. It says it expires on 2017. Whaaaat!)
- When you first open the palette, it is overwhelmingly glittery!! But, it turns out it is only the top layer with glitter. Once you get to the eyeshadow it's all nicely frost-finished
- Can be a bit hard to pick up with a brush
- The packaging says 12 color cream eyeshadow, although the eyeshadow is clearly powder
- Also, grammatical error on the packaging (understandable--it is packaged in China but made in Italy)
WILL I REPURCHASE? If need be, yes. But I want to pick up the other palettes, since this one shows so much promise! I am loving it.
- VERY VERY VERY pigmented. A little goes a long way. Too much and you look like a clown
- Mirror included in the packaging
- Nice amount of product for the price
- Cheap (128php, roughly $2.50-$2.70)
- So far the blush pops up on my cheeks and stays even though I'm really oily (it's been 2 hours since I applied it, but while I was at the mall the SA applied it on my cheeks and it stayed for 3 hours till I removed it)
- Limited shades available, and when I was there there were only 2 available. Others were OOS
- Packaging is nice but flimsy to the touch
- Brush included is useless, sheds like crazy
WILL I REPURCHASE? I'd be interested to try it in other shades.
My thoughts on the lip balm and lip glosses:
- Cheap. lip balm costs 98php, lip gloss #3 10 ml costs 128php and lipgloss #11 7ml with Vitamin E costs 128php
- Very shimmery, gives off a nice effect
- Not sticky!! I think this is very important for lipglosses because sticky l/g's make me go "ugh"
- The lip balm applies nicely and gives a subtle glow and nice shine to lips
- The shine of the lipbalm isn't so intense that it looks like you just ate something greasy
- Stays on relatively well (until you eat, pretty much like other glosses)
- Different shades to choose from (4 are available for the lip balm, manyyyy are available for the glosses)
- Lip glosses have very nice packaging
- Light, pleasant scent and taste for the lip glosses :)
- The lip balm's packaging fades, but it is good and sturdy otherwise
- Strange price discrepancy for the lip glosses--the 10 ml is cheaper! But maybe it's because the 7ml has vitamin E (supposedly)
- The lip balm will run out fast! (at least for those who are as obsessed with keeping lips moisturized as me)
- Some lip glosses are so sheer that they end up looking all the same on the lips. Maybe it was the lighting. I'll have to go back and check.
WILL I REPURCHASE? Yesssssssss! I'll buy more lipglosses, I think I want to own all the shades someday, at least the ones that seem different from each other. Lol.
Yeah, so that's pretty much it for my Shawill purchases! I hope you ladies in the Philippines find this helpful. :) When you see this brand around, check it out and grab some of their stuff! I mostly stuck with the eyeshadows/blush/lip stuff because I think their powder foundations had fragrance in it. So I avoided it. Haha. Otherwise... I give Shawill a 4/5, for something in its price range it is very very good! (-1 pt for shoddy spelling/grammar on packaging and excessive fragrance in some products..also because I haven't tried everything and can't tell if it's all good, lol).
Thanks for reading!!
Friday, October 2, 2009
This post has been queued up for a while, just never felt like posting it until now. Gotta love reading blogs, they sure put you in the mood to write! Haha.
Anyway, a while back I got to hang out with my cousins (we never hang out even if they live just next door, pretty sad huh?), and while we played Wii and took turns playing Rock Band and so on, my cousin Catherine (I call her Ate Kaye) asked me to do her makeup, completely out of the blue.
And while I was pretty busy that weekend considering my impending deadlines of doom, I nevertheless agreed. How couldn't I? They say playing with makeup is therapy, and I find this to be absolute truth.
So I took them up to my room and put my makeup on the bed and let them have at it (I was also with my cousin Analyn and a cousin's cousin, Jacq). Ate Kaye picked out my PAC palette and said that she wanted me to do a look on her with the blue e/s. So I got right down to it (I had a bottle of the exact same foundation she uses so I used it on her).
The finished look on Ate Kaye:
On her I used the following products:
FACE Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Cream Foundation in Sandy Beige, ELF Bronzer in Warm Tan for contour, ELF illuminizer in Luminance for highlights, Ellana Minerals concealer in Smile
CHEEKS Ever Bilena blush in Raisin
LIPS Jean-Michelle Lip Couleur Liquide in St. Tropez Fantaisie-2
EYES UDPP, PAC perfect finish pearly eyeshadow palette, Rimmel quad (the one that Cheysser sent to me, I don't have it on hand and can't check the shades), Dollface Cosmetics 28 Neutral Palette, Coastal Scents Gel Eyeliner in True Black, Maybelline Volum' Express Cat Eyes mascara
So I did Ate Kaye's makeup, then she pretty much insisted that I do Jacqueline's, too. If you recall, I've already done her makeup in a post from like...ages ago. Haha. It was fun to do her makeup again, and oh my gosh her lashes are so long. Ate Kaye and I were jealous, seriously.
FACE MAC Studio Fix powder foundation in NC35, Ellana Minerals concealer in Smile, ELF Bronzer in Warm Tan for contour, ELF illuminizer in Luminance for highlights
CHEEKS Ever Bilena blush in Raisin (This blush is so versatile, I love it! Applied with a good brush it gives you a perfect wash of color without making you look like a clown!)
LIPS NYX Round l/g in Real Nude
EYES Art Deco eyeshadow base, Coastal Scents Matte 88 palette, Jesse's Girl Bejewelled Quad for highlight, Maybelline Eyestudio eyeliner pencil, MAC Zoomlash mascara (she didn't even need her lashes curled. I only used the Zoomlash because it was the only mascara I had on hand that wasn't waterproof)
Anddd this post would not be complete if I was not in it (jk, jk). But yes, I also did my makeup and Ate Kaye straightened my hair for me (wow I had no idea it's that long already!), so here I am:
FACE Ellana Minerals Intense Coverage Mineral Foundation in Hazelnut Latte, Ellana Minerals Oil Absorbing Mineral Finishing Powder in espresso Con Panna, ELF Bronzer in Warm Tan for contour, ELF illuminizer in Luminance for highlights, Ellana Minerals concealer in Smile
CHEEKS Ever Bilena blush in Raisin (can't get enough of this lately!)
LIPS Revlon Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over, topped off with Shawill Gloss #11 (I think?)
EYES Art Deco eyeshadow base, Makeup Masala Mineral Eyeshadow (sample) in Agni, Rimmel quad, ELF pencil eyeliner (in coffee I think), and Maybelline Volum' Express Cat Eyes Mascara. Also, used I think an Avon quad for highlight
Here's the three of us goofing off together:
Tada! That finishes my post for today. Bye! :D