I originally thought, oh hey I should try the Revlon foundation since I've been hearing so much good stuff about it, but..sigh. It wasn't on sale! :/ So I instead went around and decided to get backups for the stuff I usually use, and then a few items here and there. Here's my happy little haul:
L-R: cutlery container (for brushes, I have some coming in the mail from Makeup Masala :D the thing is fugly i know but its temporary until I can find a decent one), ELF eyelash curler spare, ELF clear mascara, Vo5 mousse for curly hair, Maybelline Eyestudio vivid and smooth eyeliner, Maybelline lip and eye makeup remover backup, Tea Tree oil from Zen Zest, Maybelline volum express cat eyes mascara backup (HG!!), Fashion 21 dip liner
The eyeshadows are so pigmented there is barely any difference between the side with no base (left) and the side with the base (right). For the record I used UDPP for these swatches.
I love so many things about this palette.
- Huge pans, very generous amount of eyeshadow (I would guess 7g-10g). A lot bigger than MAC eyeshadow pans
- Very very pigmented
- A little goes a long way
- Great texture, easy to blend -- Very blendable in fact
- Sleek packaging, seems very durable
- Long-wearing and doesn't fade
- Fair price 2000php (reg price) or a little over 40USD
- Very versatile - can be used as eyeshadow or eyeliner, can be applied wet or dry (although it is very pigmented even when dry)
- Great for bright looks, theater jobs, photoshoots etc
- Using the right brushes, very minimum fall out
- Slight smell in palette strong at first but goes away after some time (that or I grew to like it LOL)
- Can get messy sometimes
- Due to pan size, e/s can break a bit easily when dropped or accidentally scraped
- Not available worldwide (although I hear this is available in New York), and website is in Indonesian
- Color combinations can be difficult
- Can be difficult to remove because it is so pigmented
- Can be difficult to get correct or 'just right' amount of eyeshadow with the brush (texture of eyeshadow makes it stick to brushes really easily)
- It's supposed to be a 'pearl' finish palette but most are just shimmer. In fact it's a mix between VERY shimmery, slightly shimmery, and one matte shade (brown--slightly less pigmented than other shades too). To PAC's credit, the blue/green duochrome does have a pearl finish.
- Take a very minimal amount on your brush and just build the color up to get desired shade
- Wear base to avoid creasing if your eyelids are very oily
- Have a good makeup remover handy
- Take care not to drop the palette
I will definitely repurchase this palette!
To be quite honest I love this palette so much that I use it every chance I have, even if I have my Coastal Scents 88 palette. It got me pretty much in love with the brand and I just wish they would come out with more colors (although perhaps they have more colors and they're just not available here) and get their site translated into English.
If you could get your hands on this palette and have some extra money on you I definitely suggest you get it, you'll be as satisfied as I am. PAC also has another palette (I think matte shades), and a blush palette. The prices can seem a bit steep sometimes [to people like me lol] but just wait for a sale, and it'll be very worth it. Check out their other products too, great value for money (but stay away from the lipstick if you tend to have chapped lips).
Their website: http://www.pacbeauty.com/
As far as I know, PAC is available in SM North Edsa and TriNoma.